Anyone that want to apply for a Nigerian Passport or other consular services in Spain is required to visit the Embassy in person, for interview with Mission’s Consular/Immigration Officers.
How to apply for a new Nigerian Passport:
- Compulsorily you must first apply online at the Nigeria Immigration Service website CLICK HERE. There you will make a mandatory online payment and print out your Passport application form (which you filled online before payment), Passport payment slip and Passport acknowledgment slip, along with a guarantor form, all these must be printed from the immigration website that you just applied on and brought to the Nigerian Embassy in Madrid in Person along with the following
- Original Birth certificate (First timers only) or Age declaration
- Two (2) recent coloured passport size photographs
- Parent’s letter of consent (For minor only)
- Marriage certificate (For married women)
For Applicants applying from outside Spain, you will be required to provide these additional documents
- Copy of current Nigerian passport
- Letter of identification from the local Government council, duly legalised by the ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja in the case of adults with no legal form of identification
- No local objection
Nigerian Passport Renewal, Reissue or Replacement
Since the introduction of the Nigerian E-Passport, renewed or reissued passports no longer carries the same passport number. The applicant is likely issued a new passport with a different unique passport number. To apply for a Nigerian Passport renewal or reissue, applicant must meet the following:
- Passport booklet to be replaced must either be 5 years old (expired), or pages must have been exhausted.
- Holder of passport must be resident in Spain.
- Two passport size Photographs of applicant.
- Applicants must complete the passport application form online at the Nigeria Immigration Service website HERE, just as if he/she is making a fresh passport and print out all the aforementioned documents above when applying for the Nigerian passport and bring relevant documents to the embassy along with the expired or exhausted document.
What to do in terms of a Lost Nigerian Passport/Documents
For Nigerians abroad, the requirements are as follows:
- Police report
- Sworn affidavit
- Photocopy of resident permit (Photocopy of lost passport if available)
- Interview with Mission’s Consular/Immigration officer
For more information regarding the aboves and other non listed consular services of the Nigerian Embassy Spain, please visit their website HERE